ServeCo North America is a rapidly growing warranty Service Provider for the Furniture Industry.
A shipping and receiving clerk handle incoming and outgoing packages in a warehouse. Job duties include tracking inventory, keeping accurate records, packaging, and weighing items, printing shipping labels and postage, inspecting goods received for damage, and distributing products to other departments. You need organizational skills and computer proficiency to be successful in this job.
Shipping and Receiving Activities
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock.
- Coordinates related activities of Material Management to provide superior service according to the established procedures.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production journals.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Verifies incoming inventory to be accurate according to Vendor packing lists and internal purchase orders.
- Duties include assembling, addressing, labeling, receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or materials.
- Helps identify all inventory discrepancies and reports to their supervisor.
- Monitors e-mailbox daily for special fulfillment requests and coordinates fulfillment with departments.
- Participate in making decisions within established guidelines in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Takes full charge of the assigned receiving area. Knows the proper location and receiving process for all incoming items.
- Pulls all material needed for the Production department according to the item build Assemblies.
ADDITIONALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested for successful completion of the mission of ServeCo North America.
5SWorkplace Organization Activities
Lead/Conduct/Delegate end of shift 5S Workplace Organization/Standardization area cleaning tasks to shipping and receiving team members & assure daily completion of all cleaning.
- Remove and empty all trash to dumpster.
- Move unidentified objects to Red Tag Area for Review by Production Supervisor.
- Completely sweep entire shipping and receiving floor area including any spill clean-up.
- Daily & Weekly 5S Assembly Cell Clean schedule.
- Straighten/replenish all shipping and receiving Point of Use Storage (POUS) raw materials (Boxes, shipping material, tape, etc.).
- Shipping and Receiving in a face passed setting
- Strong Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents relating to Industrial Services. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints.
Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to work well with employees on all levels.
Must be computer literate i.e., MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
High School Diploma / GED
Full Proficiency English; Some Spanish desired.
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of ServeCo. ServeCo will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with ServeCo and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated ServeCo recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance